Watch This Video To Know Why We Need This Campaign
- Re-educate the public about what we do
- Spread the good news of financial advice using the following
Professionally produced client testimonials in short format; including filmed clients, animated videos, and chalkboard videos. The format will be for real stories to be told in a short and engaging manner with a variety of types of advice being covered. View Sample Videos
Sometimes humour can get a message across really well. And sometimes cartoons can be very touching. This format can also tell our clients what we do, in an interesting way, with only a very short message being needed. View Sample Cartoons
We have a panel of planners and other industry participants ready to write short blogs that help our clients understand our passion and what we can do to help them the most. View Sample Blogs
We intend to run short podcasts that involve interviewing our clients about how planning has changed their lives and the results they have achieved. We will also interview planners about what they love about providing financial advice, and "why" they do it. We need people to hear the great things we do for our clients so everyone knows getting advice is worth the effort.
Where do we start? So much knowledge, so many stories, so much good news. Articles can focus on many things about planning, including the pro bono and volunteer work many planners do and how we contribute to society. We can also cover off educational issues such as how to find a good financial planner, and dozens of financial literacy topics.. View Sample Articles
We will use Social Media to share a lot of our messages. We want profession participants from all areas of advice to share a snippet of the good things they have done. We want to balance the perception of planning with some positivity via all forms of social media story telling and sharing.
This Campaign will not have any institutional or association branding. It's for all financial advisers.
Who Is Behind The Campaign?
Melinda Houghton, a Melbourne planner, started the idea and now
Positivity for Planners is driven by a small team of passionate financial advisers.
Melinda Houghton Houghton Strategic Solutions
Daryl La’Brooy Hillross
James Fredric What’s Your Plan?
Meike Suggars Suggars and Associates
- Nick Tunbridge Topp Tunbridge Financial Advisers
- Tarik Oguz Houghton Strategic Solutions
- Rachel Staggs SRS Coaching and Consulting
- Nettie Handley Complete Risk Analysis
- Baz Gardner The Social Adviser
- Nikhil (Nik) Sreedar Pro-Adviser Website
- Harvey James Enterprise Coach
- Lauren Topp Topp Tunbridge Financial Advisers
- James Sutherland My Online Adviser
- Hari Maragos Victoria Wealth Management Pty Ltd
- Lachlan Hall SBP Creative Media
- Sue Viskovic Elixir Consulting
- Alisdair Barr Grad Mentor
- Peter Sobels riskinfo
- Aleks Vickovich ifa independent financial adviser
- Andy Marshall Zurich
- Christopher Zinn Adviser Ratings
- Andrew Conn Parkworth Financial Solutions
- Brett Shoemark Capital Advice Partners
- Shaun Craven Bell Craven Financial Services
- Stephen Catania Assured Financial Partners
- Keith Peel - Author – It’s not about the money
- Peita Diamantidis DeltaPlan Holdings Group
- Ross Cardillo Ross Cardillo Financial Services
- Peter Angel Ballarat Wealth
We Need Your Help
Donate to #PerceptionCorrection
To run this campaign effectively we need at least $100,000.00
- Financial Planners
- Funding Goal
Fund raising will be through Pozible.com - a crowd-funding platform.
- You will only be pledging the funds. No money will be taken from your account unless the funding goal is reached.
- Every dollar counts. Even $50 will help!
- Check out the rewards for pledging on the Pozible page.
Click here for more information on how crowd-funding works.
Spread The Word
- Spread the word via conversations, email and social media.
- Talk to your team , dealer group, professional associations, your business development managers, your product providers. Ask them to donate and spread the word further.
How Funds Will Be Used?
Once the funds have been raised, a professionally co-ordinated public campaign will be developed and launched Australia wide.
There will be a formal incorporated association formed, in order to ensure transparency of the use of funds, with all relevant record-keeping requirements that are associated with that structure. Having a formalized committee structure means no one person will have control of funds or creative decisions, reducing the risks of any poor decisions being made.
The funds are expected to be allocated as follows:
- 30% to pay for a Project Manager (committee appointed and accountable) to ensure professional campaign preparation, co-ordinate preparation and release of material, record reach and results, and manage volunteer activities.
- 30% to pay for professional creative content development i.e. videos, blogs, cartoons, podcasts, animations, infographics, articles and memes.
- 30% to pay for airtime for the content to be released on forums such as Linked In ads, Facebook ads, internet banners, podcast hosting, website hosting.
- 10% to pay for the production of supporters certificates and framing, crowdfunding fees, flyers, postage, and pay for administrative costs of running an incorporated association including registration fees, bank fees and accounting/audit costs, a dedicated phone line for the campaign, and lead distribution (if applicable).
What Your Counterparts Are Saying
"It’s time all the good work we do on a daily basis is widely publicised and the best way to do this is to get our message to all those Australians who need advice but haven’t got around to getting it or have been put off by bad publicity about a few bad apples. Please join us make a pledge and a huge difference to the lives of our fellow Australians."